Cape Town is a beautiful city by all standards, and residents have the luxury of viewing beautiful mountains, beaches, and almost-all round the year sunshine. Cape Town’s dry summer months stretch from about November to April, with hot days and balmy evenings. Spring is usually from September to October while autumn is in May.To properly take in Cape Town, you need to spend at least 5 days, because there are just a plethora of activities for you to partake in while you are there.
Here are a list of things to do while you are in Cape Town
1. Visit the Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden: The Kirstenbosch Botanical garden is one of the most beautiful sights which Africa has to offer. It highlights the uniqueness that is Cape Town’s flora, and a World Heritage site. The grounds are flanked by the Table Mountain. It is best to visit in the summer. While you are there you can also visit Company’s Gardens, and Green market Square.
2. The V&A Waterfront: If you are looking for high end shopping experience, dining options, cruises, boat rides, this is the place to go. From here you can also view the Table Mountain. You should ask your tour guide to help plan your visit to the time when the sharks are fed at the Two Oceans Aquarium which is right opposite the waterfront. You can visit at any time of the year.
3. Go Wine tasting at the wine lands: Cape Town’s wine lands are one of the best dating back to the 1700s. You can go wine tasting at any of the old Cape Dutch Manor houses, or Stellenbosch where there are at least 200 wine estates.
4. Take the cable car up the Table Mountain: Table top mountain is one of the oldest mountains on earth. You can take the revolving cable car to the top where there are spectacular views to be seen and captured. From the top of the mountain, you would be able to see Robben Island, Durbanville hills, Camps Bay. You can only go up the Table mountain when the weather is clear and there is no excessive cloud cover.
5. Explore cape point: Cape Point is a strip of land jutting out into the ocean of waves below it. It is located in the national park and affords you the option of also enjoying a picnic, cycling around, with zebras, baboons and antelopes all round you. You can visit the cape point all year round.
6. Take a scenic helicopter trip round the city: Using a private helicopter, you can get the ultimate view of Cape Town from the skies. Fly around the mountains, and take in the beaches, hills and cliffs.